All forms of material pleasure and happiness and all material goals have seven defects known as Sapta-dosha these are:-
1. alpa - their end results are trivial
2. asthira - they are transient and impermanent,
3. asukara - not easily obtained, they require much effort and are time consuming.
4. asukhavasana - ultimately ending in grief and disappointments.
5. dukhanvita - accompanied by disappointments and supported only by struggle.
6. anucitam - incompatible with our essential being.
7. abhimana-mula - they’re based upon a false sense of self and lead to further perpetuation of this delusive sense of identity.
Rate this post: